Friday, June 15, 2012

More food, more camnesia

Last night I made three Jamie Oliver recipes for dinner, and I thought at several stages of taking pictures, but as we were scraping up the last bit of asparagus tart, I clapped my hand to my forehead: I hadn't taken a single shot!

First up was Crispy and Delicious Asparagus and Potato Tart. It really was crispy and delicious. Crispy because of the filo pastry crust; delicious because of asparagus, three eggs and a cup of cream! It was surprisingly light and the potato made it  novel and different from a quiche. And it looked very elegant. Definite make-again!

I wanted a simple salad, and found Cheese and Onion Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing. Lots of greens, pickled shallots and roquefort cheese! I think I put too much cheese, but all things considered, it was simple and fresh and delightful. And! I actually found some creme fraiche in the "other" grocery store. So I was able to use two tablespoons in the dressing, as ordered. He says that salad serves four... Perhaps as a whole meal, but with a romaine lettuce, a boston lettuce and four handfuls of herby greens, that is a huge ton of salad! We have leftovers, even though I cut back as I was making it.

Dessert was the grande finale it should always be! Sweetened cream, chocolate, meringue and pears. He calls it Tray-baked Meringue with Pears, Cream, Toasted Hazelnuts and Chocolate Sauce. No nuts for us, but otherwise made as written. Very, very delightful! It would be good with other fruit as well, of course.

I could show you a picture of my dirty kitchen, but perhaps that's not necessary. Gotta get into the food photography mindset. Who knows what is next, but I think I have more or less covered the Spring chapter and will move on to Summer. Though there is one rhubarb dessert I haven't tackled yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.