Monday, August 13, 2012

Closing ceremony and picture show

There is a bit of last-minute show-off stuff to do before this Olympic athlete heads to the hot tub.

Just to show that I really finished everything, I give you a picture of the button on the bonnet. In fact, I only sewed this on in the last day or so, despite finishing the knitting long ago.


I made a nice, simple beret. I hope it will fit my mom, but will have to play with it more. I blocked it over a plate to make it nice and beret-shaped, but one can, of course, just yank it on like a toque.


I finished the beret and still had a) yarn left and b) more time! So I cast on 88 stitches and made another hat! This is #7, I believe. I made these two with my new needles, which are in fact ChiaoGoos. They are so pointy because I see that I bought the lace needles. Nice!

The toque has the typical Mary top, because I didn't have enough red to finish! A bulls-eye for any passing birds, I suppose.


See, hats with different colours at the top...


I still had time left on the clock, and I am doing another dishcloth swap this month, so I got to work on a Citrus Slice rag. It's quite small, but so cute! Finished this during the closing ceremonies last night. Which were fun. I went and ate dinner before they were finished and didn't get to see Eric Idle, but I did stick around for the Spice Girls.


And the final lineup... darn, no lime slice. The almost complete final lineup!

3 comments:

  1. The crowd roars! What will the judges scores be? Will it be enough for gold?


    It is! Gold medal to Mary DeB of Toronto, Ontario. She has made all of Canada proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful wonderful knitting lineup!
    take a bow and enjoy the playing of "oh canada!" while you receive your gold medal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowza, i am super impressed! i especially love that bonnet of yours. what wonderful olympic knits!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.