Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Back to square knitting

I've been absent from Blogland for most of October, but I am back with three more Fassett-esque squares.

This is Zigzag:


I had thought this would be a nice change, since it's only 2 colours per row, and I knit four rows in each pair. It was still an unholy tangled mess! 

Next batch of colours brings in a whitish grey. The Tumbling Blocks pattern was not bad to knit: just blocks of colour, hardly any stranding at all. It looked like a star when I was knitting it, up close, but whenever I see it from a distance it is much more 3-D and tumbling! 


This is Circus Stars: 



I was lazy and fit the fourth colour in with that narrow strip between motifs, but couldn't be bothered to deal with three colours in the stars. Had to keep it simple. 

The whole lot, so far! This is going to be a big cushion if it is 3x3 squares. Maybe I'd better get a pillow form soon so I can fudge where necessary. 


I hope to do NaBloPoMo in November again this year. If nothing happens to distract me!

1 comment:

  1. oh i am loving following along with this project - the squares are all so fun, each so individual, yet they coordinate together perfectly!
    -melissa

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.