Thursday, September 03, 2015

It's been hot

I haven't shown you the temperature scarf for a while, but I have been diligently recording the highs and lows since last December 21.


June 21st I started spiralling around, knitting the summer on to the winter. 


That must be February, all darkest blue, next to the orange and red of July and August.


Soon it will be September 21, the beginning of fall and, I hope, a return to milder greens. 


First I ran out of the -3ºC to +3º green, and the new skein I bought was brighter. Just recently I had to buy a new orange, 16-20ºC. The new skein was more peachy! With Koigu, it seems, you certainly can't be sure of ever getting the same dye lot again, and you often can't even get the same colour! The next one that looks like it will need replacing is the darker/warmer orange variegated.

News Flash: Two of my scarves are showcased on this blog about the varieties of sky scarves!

In other news, Arthur has gone off to university! We await updates, but he's apparently having too much fun to keep us in the loop.

1 comment:

  1. The spiral is brilliant! It makes for interesting comparisons.

    I think with the kid off at University, no news is probably good news. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.