Thursday, June 15, 2017

Here we are, Thursday again

This week we are meant to discuss being halfway through 2017. Did we have goals, are we meeting them...

My January posts were mostly about my Christmas holiday, and I didn't do a big, hopeful, detailed, bullet-posted list of things I hoped to accomplish in this year. I did enough of those in the past, I think, to learn that I never keep to them! I have the same unfinished sweaters lying around the house as I did in January, and probably in January 2016 as well!

One thing I am keeping up with is the vintage accessories. One a month, on track to get another one done in June, a ski hood/scarf combo. And I manage to fit in a few other things as well.


Latest: a shawl I could say I designed myself, although I didn't write anything down and would be hard-pressed to recreate it. I started from the top centre and increased at the edges, and twice in between. When I realized that would make a half-hexagon shape, I stuck bits on the ends to make it longer and less deep, and then continued on with the two decreases. It was doing this: \_/ and then it did this: \---/. Much better as a scarf, right?


The yellow is that garish, yes
And I can show off my new patio table as well. No more ripply glass, just sleekness and annoying reflections.  


I finally took all the leftover bits from this (yellow and brown unicorn tails, dark green sock yarn and a green Zauerball) and made a huge tassel which I hung off one corner. But that was after this photo session, so no documentary evidence. We'll see if it lasts!

So, that's me on a Thursday halfway through the year!

Other Think Write Thursday posts can be found here.


2 comments:

  1. I also did not list intentions for the year. And it's curious to reflect on the year thus far without the dread of letting myself down. Maybe we're on to something with no lists?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I skipped the intentions this year too - phew!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.