Sunday, February 17, 2019

Something finished

This is my second attempt at a shawl with this yarn. The pattern is from 1934, and is super-simple: Cast on a bunch of stitches and knit, decreasing one stitch every other row.

The original pattern has a dark brown (I think that's what colour "mole" is) and stripes in tangerine, jade green and white. I did the mole in blue-green gradient and the others all in the green-yellow gradient. Clearly I should have started with a darker colour in the yellows because I ran out just before the end. I used all five colours of the blue-green.


It's not as asymmetric as that picture makes it look.

And it wraps nicely around my neck, with the point warming my front.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.