Sunday, June 23, 2019

A very funny thing I made

There is a spinner called Studio Loo, who puts all sorts of bits and pieces in her yarn. I noticed a new batch of her stuff at Knitomatic, so dashed up there to see what I could see. So hard to choose, but finally I settled on my life in 1983... black yarn with a gold thread and Trivial Pursuit pieces attached! (I might have to go back for brighter colours and flowers, but for now this is enough.)

After wondering if I should make a hexagon, or giant lace, or a plain scarf, I found a cowl pattern called Through Thick and Thin, designed for yarn sort of like this. You change needle size now and again, and do some garter stitch and some stocking stitch. I didn't really follow the pattern, but I did use two sizes of needles and random knit and purl rows. Because the yarn is so bulky, I knit up 115 yards in a couple of sittings over about 12 hours!





I'll put it aside for the winter, and look forward to the confused glances I receive.

1 comment:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.