Thursday, July 18, 2019

Some flowers

I am back from a slightly interesting holiday (to the shores of Lake Huron, where we went canoeing once and walking in the woods a few times, but mainly read and knitted in the air-conditioned, suburban "cottage").

Wandering around town here, I find I take a lot of pictures of other people's gardens, so I will show you a few flowers today.

Bee balm. I used to think this was the bergamot used in Earl Grey tea, but there is also a much more flavourful citrus fruit called bergamot. You can boil up the leaves of this, but it is not very exciting!


This is in my very own garden, a chive flower. Must catch it and spread the seeds around, before they just all fall on the deck.


Ah, daisies.


Day lily... everyone has these rusty old things, including me.


Very exciting here, a milkweed beetle on a day lily. Now that's something you don't see every day. In fact, I don't know that I have ever seen a milkweed bug anywhere before, and I had to ask my go-to bug guy for an ID. Now I shall have to keep my eyes open for more!


Very soon there will be some knitting to show!

1 comment:

  1. Nice floers, and I liked the beetle. I have some very pretty yellow day lilies, and some burgundy ones, and some yellow with burgundy centers. No rusty ones, though. : - )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.