Thursday, February 20, 2020

Queen Elizabeth Park

Yesterday we went to a tried and true Vancouver destination: Queen Elizabeth Park. It is on Little Mountain, so the view is spectacular, and it was a wonderful sunny day.


It has extensive gardens, which are just about to burst forth in spring colours.


On this huge rhododendron bush, one flower was almost out. I had to wait till the person ahead of me had taken her pictures before I could stand in the optimal spot!


We went towards the Small Quarry and saw this sculpture that I hadn't seen before. (...constantly being confused by changes made in the past 40 years...) Apparently it was installed in 1984, which would explain the clothes and the Instamatic camera the photographer is holding.



He is taking pictures of these three people, and whoever else is nearby.


One of the subjects is wearing an aran vest ...


and the photographer also has a cabled sweater on under his corduroy jacket.


Tourists like to mingle with them!


Before we left the park, we went in to the conservatory, a glass dome filled with exotic plants and birds.




There was a display of a dozen of these air plants dangling from sea shells. I am making notes for when I have a space with lots of light! 


They say the weather will get grey again next week, but we have certainly enjoyed the sunshine while we had it. 

1 comment:

  1. I took pictures of that statue when it was new. I don't have any idea if I still have the pictures. We used to go the QE park a lot when we were kids. I went to the dome when it was new, too.
    If Elaine is still with you, tell her I hope she had a lovely 20th (!) birthday. And say hi to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.