Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Hot summer's day

It's not quite as hot as it has been, but still, it's the middle of summer, and it's pretty hot out. 


So I decided to sew in the ends -- approximately 9,043 of them -- on these two scrappy projects. 


They both were started as quick carry-along projects, to use up spare balls of yarn, keep me busy in a line-up or on a journey. The hat's been finished for some time now, and I just finished the scarf yesterday.


Both will go in the charity bag, not because I don't like them but because that was also the idea, when I started out. 

I often think I'll just whip up a bunch of hats for the Downtown Eastside Women's Centre or some such thing. And then it takes me months and months to finish a hat, instead of a week. 

We were on another Gulf Island last week and, of course, I started a scarf with some yarn I stumbled upon. Now that's another thing I have to finish up, but since it is only one ball of worsted, it should not take too long! Haha ha ha ah...

It'll be done any day now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.