Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A little light refreshment


On the weekend we were out and about, trying out Elaine's bike-with-no-training-wheels, and we hit a couple of yard sales. Got 2 nice glasses for 25 cents apiece, and 5 balls of this blue wool. A bit ancient, but apparently not moth-eaten or anything. Scarf, anyone?

The sale where I found the wool was closing down, so I got the 5 balls, half a bag of polyfill stuffing and a laptop case for $1. The bag was made when laptops were the size of steamer trunks, but I think it'll be a fine knitting bag, with all those pockets and flaps and stuff. I love pockets and flaps....

I would show you the triumphant cycling Elaine, but we took a few pictures one night in the almost-darkness, and that's it. Must rectify that. Right now, she is upstairs with a miserable cold. Luckily we have the audio book of The Deathly Hallows, so we're pretty well amused, but I'd be happier if she were well enough to go to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.