Friday, October 19, 2007

Not really!?

Just in case we need some evidence in a bit, here's proof that it's fall here. Lovely red leaf, having fallen from a tree. I walked past this the other day to go shopping downtown.

I had to venture into The Bay to find a pair of shoes. I still have the great power of picking out a $200 purse while just browsing through the store. And I still hate shopping for shoes. I ended up finding a pair of Rockports in the men's department, and I found that Arthur and I wear the same size shoes! Yipes.

But, that's not what I want to show you today! It's getting chilly and there were, of course, scarves and mitts for sale; there were big coats and woolly sweaters; and there were... aaack! Christmas trees!

In the middle of October! Oh heavens! Really, it's nowhere near time for this!

4 comments:

  1. this could all be remedied if you canadians would only do thanksgiving in November, where it belongs!

    Although the Dutch are all about the Christmas already, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. not "festive season" already??? noooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped my son off at a friend's house this weekend and, as I was driving out of the neighborhood, (a downtown Colorado Springs neighborhood of big old Victorian houses) I passed a house with a fully decorated and lighted Christmas tree in the front bay window. I was so surprised that I forgot to see if they had Jack-o-lanterns on the porch steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, that would be funny to jump right over Halloween, another lovely decorating excuse!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.