Thursday, October 18, 2007

Socktoberfest progress

Man, have you seen these socks?! Wowza!

I am plugging away at the Slytherin Jaywalkers.

I have a couple of evenings a week where I have to hang around for an hour waiting for kids (tonight, baking and pastry class!) and that is when I tend to work on them.

I'm glad I used the zigzag pattern, because they would be a tad dull just plain. I'm not sure if we'll go for the blue toe as well as heel or not.


At home, it's the green sweater... I'm on the first sleeve and I seem to have misplaced my cable needle again!

I always buy the two-pack -- one big, one little. So I now have 3 little ones and no big ones. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

Ah well, it's only once every 10 rows, so I don't have a problem doing it without a cable needle.

2 comments:

  1. i saw those socks - my socks are generally meeting knitting, totally mindless. These might be worth the extra attention, however!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that shortrow sock is inspiring enough to think about making pair number 2 of socks... but since i treat my 1 pair of homemade socks like gold (i think i've worn them once because i can't bare the thought of them wearing out!) i'm not sure if i could live with something even more dear!
    your slytherins look fantastic. if they were kneesocks they'd be fantastic witch socks!
    glad to hear you've got some knitting time while you wait for the kids. i started a little shrug but realized that i made a huge boo-boo at the part where i had to separate the sleeves from the body and am now procrastinating going back to rip it all out... ergh!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.