Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Socktoberfest

Well, I love a button!

So, since I am knitting socks, and it is October, I will get me a Socktoberfest button! (I found this on the Flickr group.)


I will certainly enjoy watching everyone else knitting socks, as well!

These are yarn-brothers to the ill-fated red and blue ones, one of which I lost this summer. I'm doing the Jaywalker, but since people have had trouble with the fit of them, I'm making the big size, and doing the increases with yarnovers, rather than knitting front and back in one stitch, to maybe make them more stretchy. They are, of course, Slytherin socks, emerald and silver, though you might think they are just green and white! (We really all belong in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, but I only found Slytherin yarn, so there.)

And these chrysanthemums just appeared in the box on the back deck! I guess we planted them there last fall, but can't really remember. They often don't come back, but we were lucky this time, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to watching the sock progress. October is "we've got visitors nearly all the time" month chez caughtknitting, so I won't be socking it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.