Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Here we go with 2014

Happy New Year to you all!

The kids have been off school for more than a week; we've done Christmas and a three-day trip to Montreal. Last night a rollicking party, the highlight of which was finishing a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle we'd found under the tree when we got back from Montreal. The fairies who checked the lights were on and brought our mail in left it for us. No pictures just yet, though.

Today I hope to clean up the house a wee bit and perhaps knit on a sock or something! I resurrected an old project for the train trip, and also have two socks and a mitten I want to finish right this minute. The old project is my Malabrigo scarf thing and is now super old (as are, it seems, most of my WIPs) as I think I last wrote about it in 2011. I'll just, what did I say, "polish it off." Right.

Other super-exciting knitting news: I learned that my sister-in-law was visiting Boston just about the same time I learned about The Unofficial Harry Potter Knits magazine, and I prevailed upon her to pick up a copy for me! So now, of course, I have a dozen other things I want to knit right this minute.

Maybe a New Year's resolution should be, Just cast on everything and it'll all get knitted up in a year or six...

Just give me a moment and I'll get some photos of all this stuff up.

3 comments:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.