Saturday, January 04, 2014

I finished a sock

I finished the dragon-skin Harvest Dew sock.


This looks like a Christmas stocking, all short in the foot. I can assure you, that's a size 13 sock, draped over a rounded chair arm. Really, it's long!


Great detail on the top of the foot. It gives you a bit of fun in that last, long slog to the toe.


The very exciting texture. Because the slipped stitches pull things in a bit, and because Arthur has really big feet, and because I perhaps foolishly used 2.75mm needles instead of the called-for 2.25mm, it really ate up the yarn. Alas, shortly after I turned the heel I weighed the remaining yarn and had just about 50 grams left. Minus most of a foot, now. So the "mate" will be a bit crazy. But, heck, one day, when Arthur starts worrying about matching socks, I might start buying 150 or 200 grams of the same sock yarn.

I also finished and mailed off my sister's scarf:


It's got 2 and a half balls of fuzz in it, so it is quite long. Long enough to fold around a neck, at least.


On to the next task, then!

1 comment:

  1. the sock is gorgeous!
    and quite the undertaking at size 13 i'm sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.