So here is what happened:
|A house shaped cloth! You start at the roof top; |
I made it look as much like my friend's house as I could, for a dishcloth!
in case she ever forgets when she bought her house.
|Stephen liked this one, so it's a keeper. Rainbow and green|
|Some nice leftover bits of reasonable size.|
|Mostly green and variegated,|
ran out of green and subbed with red!
|Round, and a pretty colourway!|
|Using up the icky baby blue/pink and some|
horrid beige-with-splats colourway
|with a bit of brightness at the top edge.|
|The never-ending supply of red, with tiny scraps|
of other colours, and bits of beige-with-splats
|I bought this Christmas yarn in a thrift shop in BC,|
before I got hold of the sock project
|There was a tiny bit of heavier green yarn,|
to make a teeny mat for the teapot, or something like that
|This colourway was in my possession for ages.|
|This is probably the ugliest of all.|
Finally the end of the red, scraps of the pretty blue,
the Christmas yarn, the ugly variegated, even some bright white!
I am left with some beige from this last cloth and a tiny bit of the white, along with a few bits that are not even long enough for a full row of a square cloth. This does not mean I need to rush out to reestablish the dishrag-cotton supply!
Now if I can just work the same trick on the sock yarn... Don't hold your breath.