Monday, June 04, 2007

Summer knitting goals

I see that some people are making lists and setting goals. Hmm, good idea, but you know how these things go! Let's see, what shall I actually accomplish this summer?

  1. Finish the Rockpool cardi. By the end of September!
  2. Finish the pink blotch socks, which are coming along just fine. Here's the problem, though... I knit socks on a variety of needles, and a variety of numbers of stitches, and some end up saggy-baggy and some end up too tight. Not to mention, children grow... So I'm thinking that now these socks will be too tight on Arthur. (Yes, he chose the yarn, which is not your typical 10-year-old-boy sock yarn.) I want these done soon, just to see if they worked or not! And perhaps take note of stitch count and needle size.
  3. Grey lacy gloves for me. I won't be wearing these for months, but I'll finish them!
  4. Use my red and black Stretchwool for a few charity hats.
  5. Here's another thing... I started a pink cotton garter stitch square one day when I went out with some non-knitters and needed something mindless. Now I seem to have made it into a log-cabin-esqe baby blanket, although I know no babies right now. I'll finish it, and ... find a recipient! The colour is quite off in this picture. The pink is really that dusty rose colour one used to find in every romantic B&B, which is quite dated now, and the blue is not at all purple, but a clear, nice dark blue. It's a wet, grey morning here, so we must make do with flash pictures indoors.
  6. Perhaps there's a Kiri in the future, but maybe I'd better finish those 5 things and then check in again! (That link is to a regular blog post with pictures and all; the pdf of the pattern is can be found in the sidebar here.)

1 comment:

  1. Those are the very toilets..tks!!!!

    They look better in the real....that photo is dull, but authentic

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.