Sunday, June 10, 2007

Three bags full, plus film from London!

I was delighted to hear that Sue and her family have found a bigger and better house to buy. It's tough to find just what you want, where you want. So, yay. And we don't even have to be sad that they are moving away, since they are only moving across the street!

However, the prospect of any moving makes people clean up like never before, tossing out all sorts of stuff! And you know, when a knitter gets in this mode, miscellaneous yarn is going to come flying out of the house!

So, Sue, inveterate bargain hunter as well as knitter, appeared at my door with three garbage bags full of yarn! This is, I think, maybe two-thirds of it all! Some I saved for myself, probably thinking all the things Sue thought when she first nabbed it (Oh, lovely scarf; something soft for my daughter; maybe I could make a hat with this), some I saved for knitting with kids in the fall at school (Must have lots of variety of colour and texture!) and some I put back into one of the big bags and listed on Freecycle. Lemme tell ya, when you announce you have a big bag of yarn to give away, everyone is interested!

Arthur grabbed all the novelty bits! A ball of Cha-cha, a scrap of pretty blue Boa, I think, as well as two big soft balls of mohairy loveliness! Give him a pair of needles, and he's off. There's one ball of grey and one of soft brown. If it doesn't make us all weep and sneeze, he'll get a great scarf out of it.

Stephen is in Cambridge for the week, and popped down to London Saturday, to see some museums, eat Indian food on Brick Lane, and catch the start of the Naked Bike Ride. Thanks to the miracle of modern technology and all that, I can bring you a picture of a bunch of bare naked bike riders, waiting for the Horse Guards to pass by. I don't think they got quite the crowd in Toronto, naked bike-wise, but many did celebrate Knit in Public Day on the public transit here!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun rooting through all the stash and that Arthur even found some yarn for himself! Now can I interest you in any old shoes? How about some old winter coats? Markers with no ink left in them? Dust bunnies? I have a really huge stash of those. And don't even ask what we found lurking behind the stove!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.