Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A treat in the mail

A while ago, I won a contest at Alison's blog! Imagine!


So, yesterday a package arrived in the mail, containing this lovely pinky, purply, bluey sock yarn!


The colours are really rich and intense. You know there's sort of a green cast to most of my knitting and yarn purchasing, so this is a bit of a departure. Not sure if I want to make socks, to get stepped on and worn down, and of course a lacy scarf comes to mind! I'll just watch it for a bit and see what happens.

I'm contemplating a couple of things: ripping Rockpool and making it into an Adrienne Vittadini pullover from Vogue Knitting 1994; and making a denim jacket for a baby, but much smaller than the one I made last year, since I'm down to 3 or 4 balls of the yarn. Got some socks on the go, the big sweater, stuff like that.... Oh, to be organised.....

PS! Vogue Knitting has got together their 25th anniversary issue, and are offering some free patterns on their website. Some, ick, but some -- Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.