The jean jacket is done and on its way to its new home. The kid involved is not even one yet, and I made the 2-3 year size. Holy oversized: it almost fits Elaine! (Lucky I tried it on her; she discovered some ends that hadn't been sewn in!) She's not really holding her nose, but I think she's rubbing her eye??
I'm not sure what went wrong with fitting it all together. I read something wrong in the instructions for the back, I guess, and made the armholes too large, which started everything off wrong. I thought they looked very big, but since the denim shrinks, I couldn't be sure how it would turn out! Reason #27 for not bothering with the wee little indent for a drop-shoulder sleeve!
I also (ahem) never really swatched, but assumed that my Twilley's denim would be the same as the Rowan, and just maybe, I shoulda swatched!
Anyways, I hope it will be worn for years to come, even with rolled-up sleeves for several months or years.... I love the mismatched buttons.
I also completed another couple of hats for charity from my thrift store score. This fleshy, beige-like, pinkish ick is the ugliest colour around... Liz suggested dyeing it, but I think I'm not that committed to it. Two hundred-gram balls = one medium and two large hats. I had about 4 inches of green left!
My tea cosy is half-done. And my denim bag is all knitted just fine, but I need to figure out the lining business. Ack, sewing and cutting and all that stuff!
And just so I feel I'm doing my part for Project Spectrum, another yellow picture! Very scary!