Thursday, April 20, 2006

Itty bitty pretty things

I thought I'd show you some pretty seashells I found in Wales.











Usually I try to discourage the kids from bringing home every nice thing they find, although we ended up with several rocks this time. So if they find a good shell, they bring it to me and I artfully arrange them all (this is what I call it, anyways) and take a picture for posterity.

These first two are in Llandudno, with the wooden pier. That is limestone with all the holes in it. Cool, eh?

And here we have some moss and grass on the dunes at Harlech. A gajillion colours here actually!

And some of the shells from Harlech beach. These had been turret decorations and windows on the sand castles, but when the castles were demolished, we tried to save some of the materials! The long straight thing is a razor clam and the bulb below it is a sea urchin. We found lots of clams with little holes in, but although they would look lovely around some little princess's neck, they stayed at the beach for someone else to find.


Oh, and I did some knitting...
One finished sock. This yarn is very nice to knit with, and the stripes keep one going, but it's not the most exciting knitting in the world. So instead of starting sock #2, I cast on this:

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, beautiful beachy photos! I grew up near (i.e. within easy driving distance of) the sea, and I miss it. I can smell the salt and the English sun! I love the texture of the wood, the quality of the light and especially those uber-porous rocks. You didn't happen to accidentally bring one back that you don't want, did you??

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.