Thursday, April 20, 2006

What's wrong with this picture?

Look at this!

There's no way on earth I can fit that collar around that neckline. No Way.

I have no more of this yarn. None.

Waaaah.

Plan A: rip out the collar, knit a crew-neck-ish jean jacket collar. Blah.

Plan B: knit the collar larger in a completely different blue. Ick.

I have no plan C.

I remember back in the 70s some guys had ripped the collars off their jean jackets... Or was that the 90s? Anyways, non-standard collars have been spotted. I'll go with Plan A and we'll see what happens. I'm now on a deadline with this thing. Not Happy....

Some hours later:
Well, I stomped off to get the kids from school, and a thought made its way into my head. Maybe it's not the one little piece that's the wrong size, maybe it's the whole front and back! Ah, yes, I got home and tried to fit the sleeve in the arm hole ... no way! So I've ripped back the front and back an inch or so and bound off the shoulders again. I suppose I should really rip back and start the neck shaping lower down... Film at 11...

3 comments:

  1. hmmm - I can't think of anything better than plan A either - unless you go for Plan B, but don't even use blue - go for cream or something like that (i.e. - of course I didn't run out of yarn and have to botch it - I _meant_ to do it like this...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha - so there was a plan C after all. Good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there.
    I too spent a year in England some time ago.
    Nice to see all your pictures of places I visited too.
    Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.