Thursday, April 09, 2009

A bit late for April planning

I have several things on the go, which will be finished any time now...



The green vest is quite fine, but needs something around the neck and arm holes. I know, it's 6 months late (or early) for a nice snug wool vest, but that's the way things go sometimes. (Note the shadows -- the sun is actually shining!)

I'm also knitting a secret something.

It needs one more ball of yarn, I think, before it is complete. This is an alpaca, mohair, acrylic concoction, so the family is going around with watery eyes and sneezy noses. But it is so soft it is worth it!

When I get those two things out of the way, well, there are lots of other half-done things around here, but I will have to turn my attention to 6-inch squares for a moment. The principal at Elaine's school is having a baby this summer and I had the bright idea that the kids should contribute to a blankie. So, I must set a good example by cranking out a few squares myself.

But now I must go peruse my new Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting! Finally!

Oh, and it is my dad's 91st birthday today! He got socks when he turned 90, but you just don't get socks every year...

3 comments:

  1. Hey, if April in TO is anything like April here in MN, a wool vest might be just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vest looks good, and I am fascinated by the secret knit! Ooh and belated happy returns to your Dad (mine hits 80 at the end of April so we have just ordered him some CDs of Jazz :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green vest is exquisite!
    You are great at what you do.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.