Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little update

I can show you this previously secret thing now. I made it for someone whose husband has been in hospital.



Alpaca, mohair and a touch of acrylic, very soft, silvery colour... I got the yarn at a swap at Knitomatic once. The pattern is sort of the Simple Yet Effective Shawl, but with a few added eyelet patterns here and there. I bordered the whole thing with a ripply edge from 200 Knitted Blocks. Which took forever...

I am starting to get squares for my a4A blanket. I do love to get mail, I must say! Big envelopes of possibility! I'll sew it all up early next week I think -- can't start till I get the whole lot and spend hours arranging them this way and that.

3 comments:

  1. That is really, really beautiful, Mary. It spoke to me of deep comfort before I even read the reason for making it, so I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

    The deep, luscious, rippling border is particularly effective. Even if it did take forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and cozy looking. The ruffle is sweet, it was worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous! and so thoughtful of you to do this. I know what it's like to be the person in the hospital but sometimes I think it is just as hard on family members.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.