Monday, May 25, 2009

Semifinal #2 and some knitting

My predictions were not too bad for yesterday's show, were they? I got the top 3, and having seen the performances, I say the judges were completely right in putting Diversity through rather than Natalie. She made the classic 10-year-old diva mistake of trying to be older, I think. But she's still done really well, and by the time she really is 20, who knows what she'll have done!

Today you can go to the ITV website and see most of the auditions all in one place.

DJ Talent -- ick
Flawless -- great! It'd be fab to see them and Diversity in the final.
Gareth Oliver -- who? He's the very funny ventriloquist. Not getting through tonight but I bet business will pick up.
Hot Honeyz -- dancers. We hardly see anything of them in the audition, but they could be great.
Jamie Pugh -- Oh, I hope he makes it!
Merlin Cadogan -- Crazy, but I hope he does well. Won't get through this round, though.
Peter Coghlan -- ick
Shaun Smith -- 17-year-old hottie rugby-playing singer. He's going all the way.

Top 3 picks are Flawless, Jamie Pugh and Shaun Smith. No idea in what order, though!

Okay, you say, but really, this is a knitting blog.


See, I made a bit of a sock. Not the whole thing, but this is what I made in the hotel room in Castlegar last week. It's Lion Brand something or other, and I tried it on my usual sock needles, but the yarn needs about a 3.25 mm, so this is my second attempt. I wouldn't have bought this colour combo, but got it at a swap and these Broad Ripples will be for Arthur. I love the pattern!

And I will tell you that I have knitted a square! I also planted some stuff in the garden and cleared off a flat surface in my house! Yes, things are really rocking around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.