Friday, May 29, 2009

We're almost done

Tonight is the last of these semi-finals of Britain's Got Talent. I must say, this is even beginning to get on my nerves. I want to be in the producer's chair -- I would have axed some of the people they let through, and I would have let through that darling drummer!

Tonight two of these will join the finalists:

Aidan Davis -- cool kid dancer
DCD Seniors, who were once called the Debbie Chapman Dancers -- could be good
The Dreambears -- no way, too silly. Or: No, way too silly!
Good Evans -- Oh, I hope not
Gregg Pritchard -- Yes!
Hollie Steel -- Also yes!
Luke Clements -- aw, a juggler
Martin "Gos" Macham -- no way

(I apologize if any of those links acts odd. YouTube has been very sluggish for me lately and things keep starting and stopping. Probably it's just my own wires and buttons that are not quite right, though.)

Gregg and Hollie and Aidan for the top 3, and Gregg and Hollie should get through. And then we're done! On to the completely male dominated final.

Fabia, the former disco-dancing queen turned burlesque dancer, didn't make it through Thursday night, so we now have Susan Boyle and a 12-year-old girl singing with her grandfather, and unless the DCD dancers or Hollie gets through, that's it for the women of Britain! (Fabia really should have won, since she performed last, and the last performer has always won before! Scroll down to "Controversy.") God save the Queen!

And your token knitting pictures.


This is a cotton scarf I worked on on the plane to BC a while back. I bought this yarn for a Red Scarf Project a year or two ago and it didn't work for me then. Now I am just being a bit silly and doing a different pattern on each bit, not mixing the colours, and we'll see how it all works out.


The colour in the pictures is crazy! It's now brightly sunny outside, and the camera can't, apparently, handle it. There are no yellowy bits in the rusty-coloured yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.