Monday, November 16, 2009

Fossil hat

Once upon a time I bought this Kureyon yarn to make a Fake Isle hat, planning maybe to jiggle the pattern to make it all look like mud cracks. But, alas, the best laid plans gang aft agley, as they say.


I decided it was perfect for a Trilobite hat.


Naturally, I ran out of yarn a few short rows from the end... So we have a bit of Paton's Classic grey, and a bit of Lamb's Pride oyster, or eggshell, or some other word meaning "almost white." The trilobite is not especially clear here, but having looked at fossils here and there, I can say that this in fact reflects nature.

2 comments:

  1. Since I don't even know what a trilobyte is, it looks just like one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary!!! :) Nice to "see you" again.

    sue

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.