Saturday, February 28, 2015

These lists

This is the list left over from January 2014. 
  1. second mitten (Can take this off now!)
  2. Malabrigo scarf
  3. Botticelli
  4. Sunday Best
  5. that beautiful golden shawl you might not have seen but I have knitted about an inch on it
And this is what I added in January 2015. 
  1. Temperature scarf. This is ongoing and won't be finished till Dec 20, 2015.
  2. I started Samen over the holidays. (Done!)
  3. Those Kaffe Fassett squares. A finite project, one would think, but you know what happens when my attention is diverted.
  4. I have one sock done for Elaine and one done for Arthur and they both need to be pairs. (Elaine's done)
  5. I have a number of bits of a blanket that have to be dealt with. I was going along just fine, and then some breeze blew me off course. 
So our new and improved list:
  1. Malabrigo scarf
  2. Botticelli
  3. Sunday Best
  4. that beautiful golden shawl you might not have seen but I have knitted about an inch on it
  5. Temperature scarf. This is ongoing and won't be finished till Dec 20, 2015.
  6. Those Kaffe Fassett squares. A finite project, one would think, but you know what happens when my attention is diverted.
  7. I have one sock done for Arthur and it needs a mate.
  8. I have a number of bits of a blanket that have to be dealt with. I was going along just fine, and then some breeze blew me off course. 
  9. And we have to add in a new project: Tailspin. I'm loving it, but I need to carry the instructions around and markers, so it's not knit on constantly. 
Now really, #4 up there is never going to get knit. I have a lovely lot of yarn, and a fancy-schmancy pattern, but no patience for such things. And you know that such a shawl just gets scrunched up around your neck and no one can see the delicate loveliness. I will do something nice with the yarn, but it's hard to say that that shawl is a WIP.

Sunday Best, #3 and the bits involved in #8 are, in my mind, going to be joined up to become a nice blanket, and some other yarn will be used to make me a cotton sweater of some sort. I was making Sunday Best with 3 dyelots of Denim and lost track over the years which was what, I might have used some for other projects, and it's just too hard to recover. I had a baby in mind at one point for a wonderful cabley blankie, but he is almost a year old now and ended up with another blanket! Up in the air. 

So, we will see what I take up now that my mitten is finished. I suspect it will be Arthur's sock, but wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.