Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I sewed something

I made these fingerless mitts from a pattern in an Alabama Chanin book. First I had to go to the copy shop and get the pattern enlarged (something like 317%, if I recall correctly), so that took me months. I was finally spurred to action when I found a pile of X-Small volunteer shirts left over from the 2014 Hot Docs festival. Perfect.

I made the first mitt, applying beads and doing a bit of stitching here and there, but found that my hands are a teeny bit bigger than "average."

So the single mitt sat around for another few months while I gathered my strength to make something that would really be useless to me! However, I did it, finished the second one, and will wave them around the volunteer office next week and see if I can find someone with average hands.

I have enough shirts to attempt a hat. Unfortunately we have red shirts this year, so it won't match or look official, but I would like to see if I can get a hat to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.