Sunday, July 15, 2018

Just a quick hat set

I've just got to stop putting my hand in the air when people offer up free yarn for charity knitting. I got myself another bagful the other day.

There was one skein of Lorna's Laces Swirl Chunky, a wool and silk blend, soft, warm, bright!


In the skein, which of course I forgot to photograph, the yarn looked like I could make a regular stripe pattern, like this. But alas, I think you need a yarn that is machine-dyed. My colour pattern soon slipped a few stitches out of sync, no matter what I tried.


So I just made a hat. It is knit flat on the number of stitches I was using for my last attempt at lining things up, I think 49. It is not quite big enough for me; great for a 10-year-old or so.

But that didn't take all the yarn, so then I knit a teeny tiny scarf.


I will have to find a nice button or two and then a child can make a tight or loose cowl/collar/scarflette.


Perhaps I could have knit a less pointy hat and had more yarn left for a bigger scarf. Next time.


We are ready for our close-ups...



1 comment:

  1. Very nice colours. If it was bigger I'd take it, although I guess I'm not a charity ...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.