Saturday, January 12, 2019

Perhaps the last of the Christmas stuff

Arthur brought us one of his ridiculous treats when he was here over Christmas, a candy cane about a foot tall! I am pleased to report that he took it to his D&D gang over the holidays and they actually ate a large fraction of it, but even 4 or 5 hearty young lads could not eat the whole thing.

Elaine took the remnants, about 3 or 4 inches of 1-inch-thick candy, to school, but, funnily enough, her friends seem to be more sensible and no-one touched it.

Today we smashed it to bits and put it in some chocolate cookies!


Very good, I must say.

And:


I am very close to finishing October's mystery shawl! I have the fourth clue on one side to do, a million ends to sew in, and then we are done. I hope in the next few days, but who can say? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.