Sunday, August 04, 2019

August plans

Things are getting out of hand here, so maybe it's a good idea to make a list.

In August I will:

Finish Elaine's longish underwear. Did I show you this?


I have one leg almost knit, have to buy more yarn, and hope to have them done in a week or so.



In typical vintage-pattern style, no sizing is given and although I think they will fit her, we really just have to wait and see. Were women really all the same size in 1940? 

I would like to get these done before taking off on a week's trip out to Victoria. On that trip I think I will take my British sheepy wool and make a hat and mitts, but no promises are being made about that just yet. There might be a different hat!

My really big project is I have to get Elaine sent off to university! Which means I have to stand by while she packs, I might have to shell out some cash now and then and I am supposed to not fuss (the hardest part).

And! I then have to move myself and my husband to England for a couple of months. We'll be back on the Cam, where it all began... As it happens, I think our little rental place is just across the river from where we were in 2005, so there will be more walking along the towpath and more watching the rowers! We are not going till later in September, so perhaps this doesn't even need to be on the August list at all. 

We will be renting (for a pittance) our house to a friend's daughter. Good for her to have the independence, good for us to have someone in the house. We could get way more money if we did way more clearing out and cleaning up, but I think we can prepare for this situation without too much trouble. I hope. I started emptying the hall dresser for her... How many hats and scarves and mitts and cowls and shawls does one family need, I ask you! 

So, knit some knickers and clean up the house. Here I go!

1 comment:

  1. Nice undies. I presume they are to keep her warm in the winter? Very nice knitting.
    Good luck with your packing and getting Elaine off, and yourselves, too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.