Saturday, June 13, 2020

A thing I hadn't done before

A couple of friends and I went out to Tommy Thompson Park, or as it is commonly known, Leslie Spit. It is a spit of land -- sort of land, made of concrete, bricks, demolished buildings, dirt they dug out decades ago when they made the subways -- that sticks out into Lake Ontario. Lots of birds, scrubby trees, green stuff poking out of piles of blocks of concrete.


There is rebar sticking up all over the place, and people string worn, multicoloured bricks on it.


The city is waaay over there.


From the other side, you can just see lake off to the horizon.


I found all these different colours of bricks. Worn by years of tumbling around. It's a weird landscape!


Someone had stacked up flat bits. Old countertops? Facing from some fancy building? Floor tiles? Who knows?


These are some little things I picked up. Glass and tiles. 


I was a bit restrained, and didn't bring home everything I saw. Three one-hole bricks and a few wee bits of prettiness.


There aren't any people in these pictures but there were a ton of people, mainly on bikes, enjoying the beautiful day and doing a fair job of social distancing. We are still supposed to keep two meters apart from people we don't live with, but can expand our close circles to include ten people. No one knows what that will really mean. If I am in a circle with one friend of mine, I am also in the circle with her three housemates, one of whom is four years old. And if I am in my neighbour's circle, I'm in the same circle with her son, who travels to another town in Ontario for work. I do think it all means we might be able to have a barbecue with a friend or two sometime! I'm still in no hurry to rush out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.