Friday, June 05, 2020

Progress

(This was meant to be published on Thursday, but I thought I'd get a picture of the blanket to show you... best laid plans...)

Already I can say I have finished one of my June goals. The baby blanket is done, ends sewn in, and any day now I will wash it and it'll be ready to go! I have about 40 grams of yarn left, enough for a tiny Aviatrix hat.

I had fun making one of these in February. I guess I didn't show you because I worried the mom-to-be would see it or something, though that was always pretty unlikely!


Anyways, I made these two hats in February for my cousin's grandchild, who was born in April.

I had to ask my cousin to sew a button on the Aviatrix, the top one! Somehow in all the hullabaloo of those distant days, I missed that step. Probably because I didn't have a button jar in my rental apartment.


Every baby girl needs a pussy hat in case she has to go to a rally or something. (I know babies are oddly shaped creatures, but I would love to see that hat on an actual baby... so tall! Surely that's wrong, but that's what the pattern said!)

I have no pictures of the blanket, but will get right on that!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colours. Hope all is well. We are puttering along.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.