Thursday, June 23, 2022

Things go on

June has been a bit of a mess thus far. I got back from London, Stephen went to Edinburgh. When he got back we all we under the weather for a week at least. 

So not much walking has been done. Not much cooking has been done. And it is just too much to go back and remember what I did cook out of which book. 

I did start off well, a picture of feet from the beginning of the month. I believe the cute little purple bag was from Liberty in London and contained a chocolate bar for a friend. Not a fancy chocolate bar, but she insists the English ones are better than our Canadian ones. The bag was just a wee fancy touch. 

I saw a nice rose. (I'm still always amazed at the clear pictures one gets with a gol-darned phone these days.)


I went for a walk with friends. We thought we'd end up at the beach but we were hundreds of feet up at the top of unstable cliffs. Nice view; we'll try to find the beach on our next attempt.


One day I was downtown and tried to get an arty shot of other people's feet. This sort of worked with a lot of cropping.


There was a party. One of our longtime neighbours is moving about 6 or 8 blocks away, so an outdoor potluck was called for. Great fun! I do really like my neighbours and my street! 

We had our annual street party for the first time since 2019, and though Stephen and I stayed on the porch because we were unwell, everyone else seemed to be having a pretty good time. I did make a delicious beef stew for just us. 

Hopefully we can move forward and I can get a few more feet pictures and a few snappy recipes made before the end of the month. I even looked at my knitting today, so that is a step in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.