Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Two hats

We have been preparing for this move for a long time. In September, we had to clear out the dresser in the front hall, and we didn't stop to think that maybe one day we would need all those woollies, now somewhere in a box, to keep us warm. 

But we did. Now it is mid-November, and although we have had nice weather, it is getting colder and we need our hats. (It snowed yesterday!)

I had one, a lovely hat made of fingering weight yarn on teeny tiny needles... and I left it on the subway one day. Argh, heartbreaking, and it was my own darn fault. 

So, I had to make another, pronto. Worsted weight, knit up in a few days. 


 I like its jaunty pointy top. 

Stephen also needed a new hat, and by chance I saw this pattern that is supposed to represent sand ripples. Stephen loves a good sand ripple, so that was a good choice. 


Real ripples are not parallel, and not straight, but we do what we can in knitting! 

I am also making a fall-leaf-coloured scarf, and I really want it to be done, but it is also quite fine yarn and the pattern I initially picked was super finicky so it was slow going. 


I have switched to something more plain for the middle of the scarf and it should be done soon. 


1 comment:

  1. Subsistence knitting, just like days of old! That scarf is lovely but I can see why you had to switch patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.