Sunday, February 05, 2023

Yellow month

I can tell already that yellow month will be a bit of a challenge. Not because there is nothing yellow around, but because it's all traffic signs and caution tape and lines on the road. And things at the grocery store. 


Our nearest grocery store is a No-Frills, the land of no name, the yellow label. We like their olives for "everyday," but you can get everything with a yellow label. I will try not to take too many pictures of food. 


This is a warning sign that at least is a bit unique. There aren't many signs warning the trucks to avoid low tree branches. The tree in question is a beautiful red oak in a park; I'm sure there would be trouble if the city tried to cut the gigantic low limb off. 


In the natural world, we are not quite ready for daffodils here, but I got some yellowy catkins. 

I will continue to look out for daffodils, and I'm pretty sure I can get some of those before the month is out, and I must find some yellow that is not traffic signs or other obvious things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.