Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Squares, happy and sad

The squares in the last post are going to be part of a baby blanket. The children at Elaine's school will contribute some, too -- as well as a teacher or two, and I hope some parents! Since it was my bright idea, I will have the job of sewing it together before the end of the school year and making something wonderful out of it. We shall see!

I will also be sewing squares together in a week or so. You may have heard that Kay's husband passed away last weekend. I've met her and like her, and her kids are about the same ages as my kids, and I just can't imagine what she's dealing with. If I lived down the street, I would take her a banana bread or something, but since we are far away, we knit.

The Fans of Afghans for Afghans on Ravelry suggested making a blanket (or 6, now, I think!) in Kay and Peter's honour, and I am sewing up the Canadian effort. So far, one square: mine.


The finished blanket has to be in San Francisco by mid-May, so I expect to start getting packages in the mail any day. I'll show you the finished project before I send it off.

2 comments:

  1. What a sad think to have happened to Kay and her kids, but how nice that so many on-line friends want them to know they are thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, I'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.