Monday, October 05, 2009

Lots of things to blather randomly about



That is the latest from Stephen.

This is the latest from me:


Do we notice that the lapels are two slightly different browns? No, I certainly hope not.

Room to grow! She'll need a wee neckwarmer, perhaps!

I spent Sunday afternoon at a baby shower. It seemed the walls were dripping with estrogen... I had wine, strong coffee, and the house was catty, so my head was swimming and my eyes were streaming after a while. But it was great fun, and how often are you invited to rant on about birth stories and nursing trials and triumphs? And I got to show off to a woman from Twickenham, when I actually knew where Twickenham is, thanks to my watching of the Richmond Upon Thames Daily Photo blog.

I gave the mom the lovely but somewhat problematic, because not machine washable and sooo heavy, log cabin blanket, garnering oohs and aahs from the crowd! After a while we all realised that no one was taking pictures, and someone finally dug a camera out. If I get a picture of the blanket at the shower, I'll show you -- I think there was only one picture taken, of two knitters trying to figure out how it was made... Trust the knitters to turn it over and look at the underside!

I am swatching and pondering about the Kureyon sock yarn cardigan, and am keen to get going on that, but am amusing myself at present with a Hallowig.



I'm not sure about the glowing in the dark business. We've tried, but the results have not been impressive. Also I don't have 5 mm dpns, so who knows how I'll manage the top decreases. Likely I'll find a melange of 4.5s and 6s, and see what happens...

1 comment:

  1. the sweater came out adorable!

    can't wait to see the finished glow in the dark hallowig!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.