Thanks for all your kind words. I have recovered from that little setback, and while I am not yet showing off a finished sweater, I think we're well on our way again.
Here is a photo I took a week and a bit ago, when I was cruising along on the yoke.
April Fools! It was all wrong, even then... But I was so pleased with my two skiers zipping down the back!
I took the whole yoke out, and decided, maybe rightly and maybe not, that it would ultimately be better if I worked on all the little bits one at a time.
So now I have two complete fronts, and two complete sleeves. I knitted the two sleeves at the same time and followed the slightly boggling raglan decreases in the pattern (a stitch at each end every 3 rows for a bit, then every 2 rows, but up at the top, decreases every row!) so I know they are the same, and should fit!
The back still looks like this, with the second skier's torso all in a mess! There's not even a knitting needle holding him together!
Onward and upward! I won't shock you even further with pictures of the inside, but I've got lots and lots of ends to hide before I can breath easy.
One likes to have those monthly goals written down, even if they are rarely met, so I'll tell you now that by the end of April, I will have a finished Skiers, and a finished Acres of Mesh! How's that for "onward and upward"!