I used the last little bit of this cotton to make a moebius cowl. I make my moebii the old-fashioned way, where you pretend you are making a scarf, but at the last minute twist it and attach the beginning to the end.
I knit a couple of rows of garter stitch at the beginning, then, on an odd number of stitches, did this:
Row 1. K1, *yo, K2tog* across the row. You end with the K2tog.
Row 2 and 4. Knit all stitches.
Row 3. K2, *yo, K2tog* to end, K1. So you end with a K2tog and a K1.
This is not the perfect way to do things, and if I'd been cleverer, I would have made Row 3 more like this: *K2tog, yo* across the row, end with K1. The way I did it made the fabric bias a bit, which really doesn't matter in a scarf-like object, but would make a difference on a big piece.
This will go to the Toronto Children's Aid, I think. I will end up giving them some things I had originally planned for other charities, because they have no time limit for shipping or anything, and things have been a bit hairy around here and I don't think I will get things done to deadlines.
How's that for a sentence...