Monday, January 10, 2011

Sweater and sock knitting

Now, I know that I have knit two whole things thus far: a square and the last bit of a pair of socks. But, really, how is the Noro cardigan coming?

It is coming along fine. I've stopped knitting both fronts at once, since I spent as much time figuring out which-way-to-go-on-what-piece as I did knitting, or at least it felt like it!



When I just have one of those little rows to do at a time, it zips right along. So one day I knit on one side, and one day I knit on the next, and I know how many pattern repeats I need to do before I start the armhole and neck shaping. So, all is well.

The camera battery died right after this picture, so you will have to wait to see another one with the bottom edges uncurled!

If only my hands were silky smooth, instead of winter rough! My nails are not perfect and the skin on my fingertips is rough in places. I feel like Scarlet O'Hara after working in the fields. Whatev'. I find that a spot of hand lotion makes handling the yarn less troublesome. What an innovation!

I am prepared to continue with my socks. Here is the first Waving Lace sock. This yarn is so soft! Not sure on whose feet these will end up, but they are certainly fun to make!


I could tell you what my plan is for the next sweater, since I have changed my mind from whatever it was I last told you. But let's do one thing at a time, shall we? I have also decided on a shawl, for now. How about this in my leftover Noro Kureyon Sock? Several examples from Ravelry are here. We'll see how long this desire lasts, and when I will get around to it!

2 comments:

  1. I have got dry hands from winter too. I got my dad to pick us up some hand lotion, so that isn't much of a problem any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything seems to be progressing nicely...

    from the sound of it perhaps our hands are twins (quadruplets?) separated at birth?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.