Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Tomorrow at the crack of dawn I am getting on a plane to go see my parents and sister in BC.

Funny how "getting ready" for this involves finishing a sock, but it does.

This is the first of the Waving Lace socks, started two years ago! Can you believe it? I have cast on for the second, but will not take it with me on this trip.

For the plane, I have a whole new project... of course!

This is the black left over from the Skiers sweater* and some bits and bobs of novelty yarn that I bought once upon a time!

I will make a plain ol' basketweave scarf, sticking in a crazy bit of fluff every once in a while. I'm leaving the ends dangling and tying a few discreet knots, and hoping it will look bohemian and cool, instead of just nuts!

I will also take the Noro cardigan, because I really want to get it finished and I think I can work on it in the peace and quiet of my hotel room, watching Jamie Oliver on the Food Network.

The fan shawl will have to stay here with the sock. It is continuing to be very amusing, and I'm enjoying the quickie fans and the Noro delights, but one must prioritize... and I suppose a priority here now should be finding clean clothes to take, along with the knitting.

See you next week!

*Funny story about the Skiers! A fellow Raveler sent me a message saying, "I see you made this sweater; where can I find the pattern?" So I said that since I was not going to make it again, she could have mine. She offered to pay and so I got a few dollars and she got a cool new/old pattern to make a sweater for her granddaughter. Stay tuned, since the granddaughter's birthday is in March.

4 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage! And happy knitting, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful time! your new project looks like lots of fun!
    i am so glad that i am not the only one who takes years to finish socks either... i cast on a pair of "london socks" on a flight there over two years ago. oops!

    enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know i'm behind on my blog reading, and you're probably home by now, but i hope you have (had) a wonderful time in beautiful b.c.!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.