Monday, January 03, 2011

Open


The amaryllis is putting on quite a show. Two flowers are almost fully out, and there will be several others.

But what is this funny thing sticking up the top?


It's an amazing structure, this whole thing. Big tall stalk, huge crazy flowers! I'm a bit afraid to carry it around to get better light for photographing it, in case it tips over or something, so I do get some funny shadowy pictures, and I do some funny contortions to hold other plants out of the way and so on!

And speaking of crazy, I was cruising around Ravelry yesterday and found another KAL group I just had to join... The Knit a Block a Month group! This only adds one little bitty square to my monthly obligations, so, no prob, right? And it will help me use up some yarn, though I'm sure I'll find myself buying a bit more as the year progresses. I should end up with a crib blanket at the end of it, which will surely be put to good use somewhere.

Onward, with all those Monday chores....

2 comments:

  1. It's looking beautiful! Just planted ours so I hope it's as good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous blooms!!

    i'm intrigued by the block a month group - sounds like a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.