Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Wear a Sweater Day

Today we are all supposed to turn our heat down and wear "a fun, quirky sweater" according to the folks at the WWF. I kind of did that already, though not voluntarily!

Oh, listen! More news on the heating and ventilation of my house: fellow came to clean the ducts yesterday, and there was crashing around and the big vacuum in the truck and so on, and a few hours later, there was even more crashing, and a hunk of duct fell down in the basement! Someone's going to get to use actual duct tape to fit together an actual duct! Today is water-heater day. When that is done, all we have to do is wait for warmer weather and then we can spend tons more money lining our chimney and making it so we can burn wood in the fireplace.

In all the excitement around here lately, a day came and went and I did no knitting! This messed up my self-imposed schedule, which forced me to think about this whole schedule idea some more. It's good to get some progress happening on things that have recently sat around unloved for months on end, but it's bad to get only a day or two a week to knit on the things that I "should" get done.

I'm sure the good folks at the Self-imposed Sock Club on Ravelry won't eat me up if I don't finish my socks by the end of the month, but if I don't finish, then I don't get the fun of choosing the next pair to knit! (I will get that fun eventually, I suppose!) Anyways, I bumped everything along one day, but I think I will concentrate on my Waving Lace socks a bit more, to get them done, and the Noro cardigan, and let the other things go back to being unloved for a bit longer.

Also, I have a cold. I wish these fellows with the water heater would hurry up so I can resume sitting on the couch feeling glum with a cup of tea, and some simple knitting. 

No pictures today. Imagine bags with knitting strewn about the living room...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty funny considering this is the warmest day we've had in a while. There's no predicting the weather, not far enough in advance for a marketing campaign, anyway.

    Sorry to hear about your cold. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.