Monday, February 28, 2011

February accomplishments

End of the month wrap-up time!

I did the February square, and am keen on seeing what is up for March. I like doing the squares one-a-month like this: there's a slight feeling of obligation, and a surge of excitement when this wee chore is done, and I imagine I'll have a small blanket done at the end of the year without feeling pressed by it at all. So far, so good!

Then there's the February socks... These were a continuation of the January socks, of course! I was meant to finish up the three pairs of UFO socks that were hanging around the house. The Tiger ones were quickly dealt with. Waving Lace took longer, but did get done!

Whoo hoo!

I also meant to get the Noro cardigan done! Ahhhh, no.
But I did work on two things I hadn't worked on in a while, and that must be good. The black shawl is fun and easy, and the blanket is just down to the tedious finishing bits. (Really, the squares are all knit, but I am too lazy to take a new picture. I have even sewn a couple of bits together!)

So my new goals include:

I picked a new bag of sock yarn for March and April, and I shall be making a cable and bar patterned pair in sort of funny grey yarn.


I mean to get that done, as well as the Embossed Leaves left from the previous bag. One might suppose I'd get the older pair done first, but I might try the one-and-one system -- finish one from one pair and then one from the other. We shall see.

March square for the Block A Month KAL

Noro cardigan -- really truly!

Witchy shawl

Cotton Blanket

Ha, those are very similar to earlier goals.

1 comment:

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.