Monday, June 30, 2008

Actual knitting

I find myself with actual knitting content today. And some pictures!

Since it is the last day of the the month, let's have a look at those June goals... Hmm.

Big brown thing, no progress since I last reported.

Basalt, I have finished the 3rd hexagon and have started number 4, which will be five-sixths of a hexagon! It's a crazy looking thing at the moment, not to mention that I haven't taken a picture of it. Next time, I promise.

Pink and navy shawl?


Well, I'm glad you asked.


My model was not especially cooperative.


It is small! More of a tuck-into-the-coat shawl, than a wrap-up-against-the-elements shawl, but really, for one ball of yarn, that's quite all right!

I have great plans, shawl-wise. I'm going to tackle one of the shawls in Victorian Lace Today. I have some stunning Malabrigo lace yarn. It might just have to be a bit of a secret, though, so I will say no more for the moment. I also have a plan for my laceweight that Pixie gave me last fall.

But here are some immediately do-able goals and plans:

Basalt. It can be done!

Brown thing. Yes, do that, too!

I've got a second sock on the needles, so that might see some action.

Other UFOs hanging around include a nice second mitten, which is grey and so fits in with Project Spectrum these days, and a border for a blanket, which I think I've figured out, but which will have to be done in short bursts so I don't die of alternating boredom and fuss-tration.

I'll finish something before casting on the next big thing!

And I'll show you the Basalt progress next time! You'll be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.