Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WIP Wednesday

What's been going on this week?

I got a good start on the second half of the big brown thing, but it is a bit hot to knit this.

I fear I will put it aside for a while and it will become a burdensome WIP. Must be strong...

I finally found enough yarn -- I bought the first 3 skeins at Knitomatic, and when I went back there looking for more, found only 1 more skein.

Lettuce Knits doesn't carry Manos, Romni didn't have the colour, so I ended up at the Knit Cafe, where I found many skeins of exactly the right stuff. I got 3, so I should have plenty. I might let it slide for a short time, but I must have it when the nights turn chilly!


The sock of all colours just needs its toe grafted. Of course, then I'll have to knit another one.

I got out the Basalt Tank, finally. You might be able to tell that I've knit a few rows since you last saw it. When was that, November?? Yeah, well.... This is still the third hexagon.

And remember I said I wouldn't start anything new? I don't think that frogging and reworking is really starting something new, is it?

I ripped out the pink/navy scarf and am turning it into a Swallowtail Shawl. Really.

It's now a blob, especially since I am knitting it on straight needles.


I assume it will be pretty when it is done! (It's garish in real life, but not this garish!) It is destined to be a gift, and I even know for whom, and when it needs to be done. So there.

Blogger now lets you postdate your posts, so I will click a few things and this should appear like magic tomorrow morning. Let's try, shall we?

3 comments:

  1. The sockofmanycolours looks fabulous! I had better not let Mike see it, or he might ask for a pair...

    Also, sounds like quite the yarn crawl you had looking for Manos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been on the frogging and reworking myself. Sigh. It's getting time to wear that tank top, that should be motivation. or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little reminder from my son today, bearing in mind I have bought three lots of wool in the last two weeks. He said, I thought you said you weren't buying any more until you finished everything here! Out of the mouth of babes! I have completed knitting up one lot, and started the second lot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.