Friday, June 20, 2008

A bit of a postbox note

(on Mull)

I am thrilled whenever I check my site meter and find that people still come here looking for postboxes! I get visits most often via a whole list of Edward VIII boxes on the web. It covers at least 57 of the 100+ pillar boxes. To think, I haven't seen a proper pillar box in almost two years.

(Mousehole, in Cornwall)

My most sought-after pillar-box post is the one with dear Edward VIII, here, but there are others.

(Falmouth)

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and also makes me forget that I once thought I would make a photo group on Flickr to show you the whole gallery of postal pictures. Maybe, one day when I have a moment.... I should also put those labels on my posts, so you can easily find them. Yeah, one day when I have a moment. It's on my list!

(London)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    Wow ... I love your blog. I too have knitted socks in the same fortissima colourway. I've also seen the postbox from Mull, and I happened to notice that two of my local boxes are pre-lizzy. Thanks for your comments about the hand dye ... its such a small world!

    Greeting from Glasgow, Purplejen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are now moderated. You can be anonymous, or just use your name, without signing in to anything, though.